Sunday, March 2, 2014


We had a live TV interview a few days after I arrived in Serbia. I have done a few student news productions back in my prime at Swansboro.  For two years I was in Communications and all we did was the school news, so I’m no stranger to the camera. It’s a completely different story when the huge bright lights are on you and you cannot go back and edit the bloopers because it’s a live stream straight to the Serbian viewers. It didn’t go as bad as I thought it would go and I only got caught not paying attention one time.  

We went to the local “Spa” in Bor and drank from a few “springs” These were all naturally heated from an underground volcano.  Each one helps a different part of the body, for example they had a spring that helped with digestion, kidneys, etc. I don’t know how they determine which spring helps which part of the body, but never the less it was awesome drinking naturally heated water when its 20 degrees out. 

That same day we went to visit the mine in bor. It is one of the largest copper mines in all of Europe. It produces something called “Smelter”  if the wind is not blowing it can easily fill up half the city with a thick fog and a smell that you can’t put into words.  It’s not harmful; it’s just something else that I’m not used to.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTB_Bor Here is a trusty Wiki link to do some extra research if you are interested. 

Basketball goals are ALL over the city. I found this one and just had to take a picture; it has seen better days. 

I finally broke down and decided that I needed a haircut. My center ‘s (Don Rock) mother is a hair stylist in my town. She cut my hair, washed it, and gave me a massage all for $2.50. I can pay about $0.60 anytime of the day and go get my hair washed. She begged to cut my beard off and insisted that I would be prettier without it. Sorry! I’m not touching it until after we win the championship and I am back in the States. 

We have our first scrimmage on March 9th vs NIS.

Fishstrong!

Trever

No comments:

Post a Comment