Monday, February 3, 2014

Where to start? For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Trever Hardin. I am 25 years old and am originally from Swansboro, NC.  Over the past few years I have had an urge to travel and venture out to a new culture and something that is different from Jacksonville, Wilmington, and Raleigh where I have spent most of my life. Don’t get me wrong: I love being able to walk from a bar straight to the beach access in less than 20 steps, but I really just wanted a change of pace. I am excited to say that I received exactly what I had been praying for.

I landed in Bor, Serbia on Friday with the chance of a lifetime. I have been chosen to help a football team that was winless in 2013 to hopefully become a championship contender in the 2014 season. In 2011, I turned down a chance to play Arena Football in the IFL (Indoor football league). Fortunately, it worked out for the best because I finished my degree and that team folded the next year. In 2013 when I was offered the chance to play football again, I was determined to not let the opportunity slip away. With that being said, it’s very hard to quit a well-paying job, leave friends and family that you already miss (it’s been 1 day) and pick up everything and fly away to a whole new way of life. It wasn’t an easy decision to make, but it’s something I have always wanted to do. Most of you knew or know of Jeff Fisher who played a HUGE role in my life and on my final decision. We talked it over, weighed the options, and I could never give him a good enough reason to stay home. I will always have a job; I will always be able to make money, and I will one day find the person I want to be with. Maybe I already have? If so, she will be there when I get back. He wouldn’t let me say no to the opportunity and I can’t thank him enough for that. We all miss you Jeffrey! Rest easy buddy!

This blog will be about football, Serbia, other countries I get to visit along the way, and flash backs and memories of home. Please feel free to comment or share my blog with anyone you think may want to read it! Anything is possible, I’m living proof.

Fishstrong.
 

Trever

1 comment:

  1. Get after it Trev! You'll find Fish in what you're doing out there hermano. Keep the updates coming. Make Fiji part of the post-Serbia travel plans! Speak soon

    ReplyDelete